This is an introduction to some of the techniques required to give a good
It includes a special guest appearance from Dr Scatterbrain who might
make just a few mistakes here and there.
The session will concentrate on the 5PC's
Planning, Preparation, Practice, Prepare the Room, Prepare yourself and
To introduce good principles of effective presentations.
Objectives: This session will help participants to:
• Set objectives for presentations, and the importance of pitching
your presentation for your audience;
• Understand the importance of planning and to encourage the use
of the 5w's: Who?, What?, When?, Where?, Why?;
• Identify good practice and errors that can be made in presentations.
• Identify methods of making preparation and delivery less stressful.
• Consider how understanding of both your own and the audience’s
body language can improve your success in presentations.
“Exciting and inspiring
– it has given me a wider outlook on how to teach. Enjoyable –
it’s good to take part myself in group discussions”