Creative Seminars and Small Group Teaching
One of the aims of the session is to introduce some basic learning theories
such as the Kolb cycle to help the participants design teaching sessions.
The session will showcase a wide variety of ways in which small groups can
work as well a range of quick icebreakers. A relaxed atmosphere will be
encouraged to allow an in depth discussion of how to solve problems arising
in dysfunctional groups.
To help participants to plan and deliver a wide variety of techniques
for teaching small groups
This session will help participants to:
• Understand some basic concepts of designing teaching sessions;
• Use a range of icebreakers with their students;
• Consider how to help students with different needs;
• Consider techniques for encouraging discussion;
• Use a range of teaching techniques for small group work;
• Discuss how problems arising in a group might be resolved.
“Good guidance on
lessening tension (ice breakers),
Lots of information on teaching /improving."